Fall 1 2017 Schedule 9/16 – 10/26
FREE TRY TAI CHI WORKSHOP — September 9, 10:00am-12:00pm
- All course descriptions except the “Cane” and “Buddha” classes (see below) are at our What We Offer web page.
- We are offering a new class: Yang Style Cane Form. See below for scheduling.
We are considering offering either or both of a Tai Chi Cane class and a Buddha (Ch’an) Tai Chi class but doing so depends on the level of interest. The classes would most likely meet on Monday or Wednesday evenings. For more information or to show interest, please send an email to BOTH email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by September 6.
- We also sublet our space to other practitioners whose work aligns well with our mission and we include their contact information at the bottom of this announcement for your convenience.
Tai Chi Classes for FALL Block 1
– Class, tuition is $60.00 – $100.00 per block and practice sessions are by donation. Larger donations will help us offset two successive increases in our rent.
24-Posture Standard Form (AKA Beijing or Simplified Form)
We offer five different 24-Posture Standard Form classes. Each meets once per week for five weeks. Signing up for one allows you to attend any or all of the others at no additional charge.
- Tue morning 10:30am – 11:45am:
- Sep 19, 26, Oct 03, 10, 17 — Roy McCulloch
- Tue evening 07:00pm – 08:15pm:
- Sep 19, 26, Oct 03, 10, 17 — Shelley Skinner
- Wed morning 10:30am – 11:45am:
- Sep 20, 27, Oct 04, 11, 18 — Bobbi Youtcheff
- Thu evening 05:45pm – 06:45pm:
- Sep 21, 28, Oct 05, 12, 19, 26 — Kat Wood
- Sat afternoon 12:00pm – 01:15pm:
- Sep 16, 23, 30, Oct 07, 14 — Jeffrey Daniel
Yang Family 108-Posture Long Form
We offer a beginning course, an intermediate course, and a weekly practice session. The intermediate course assumes the student is familiar with either the fundamental principles of Tai Chi or the sequence of postures in the 108-Posture form. Registering for either class allows you to attend the other for no additional charge. The weekly practice session is open to everyone and focuses on the Long Form but periodically includes practice in Zhuang, Qigong, Sword, Buddha Tai Chi, and a Bagua Zhang form.
- Beginning: Wed 06:00pm-07:15pm:
- Sep 20, 27, Oct 04, 11, 18 — Sid Olufs
- Intermediate: Sat 10:30am-11:50am:
- Sep 16, 23, 30, Oct 07, 14 — Bryan Smith
- Practice: Sat morning 08:30am-10:30am:
- Sep 16, 23, 30, Oct 07, 14
Yang Style Cane Form
This is a first time offering of the tai chi cane form created by Jesse Tsao, adapted to movements we have learned from our master teacher.
- Monday Evening, 5:30-6:45: Sep 11, 18 (not 25) Oct 2, 9, 16 – Sid Olufs
Advanced Concepts and Explorations
ALSO AT THE CENTER
- Tuesday Evening: *Merlino Meditators*
- Callista Brown
- Email: <email@example.com>
- Sunday: *Going Guided: Holistic Movement*
- Jeffrey Max Daniel
- Tel: 515-984-0337
- Web: www.goingguidedholisticmovement.com